Glorious Switzerland (Summer 2018)
About Zurich, Switzerland
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- See the Jet d’Eau, Floral Clock and Reformation Monument.
- At the foot of the Alps this town boasts one of the most beautiful walks along Lake Geneva and there is free time to explore.
- See the majestic peak of the Matterhorn from this traffic-free resort (weather permitting).
- Experience beautiful Lake Maggiore.
- On your orientation of this alpine resort see the spa quarter and glacial lake.
- See the castle when you visit the capital of the Principality of Liechtenstein.
- See the emotive Lion Monument, Jesuit Church and covered Chapel Bridge.
- Lake Geneva, Rhone Valley, Simplon Pass, Italian Lake District, Julier Pass, Engadine Valley, Grisons Alps, Walensee and Lake Zurich
- Zermatt: Choose your own ambience, style of cuisine and drinks for a more intimate culinary experience with friends. You will be offered a selection of fine restaurants on your Zermatt Dine-Around Evening.
- St. Moritz: You will be delighted with a delicious fondue dinner at a local restaurant, its a real Swiss treat.
- Lucerne: Join your Travel Director for a palate-pleasing Celebration Dinner with wine and good cheer!
- Dining Summary: 7 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Stanserhorn: Meet a Swiss Ranger on your spectacular journey to the summit of Mount Stanserhorn, where you will learn about the local wildlife.
Top Rated Highlights
- Lake Geneva: Visit beautiful Chillon Castle, set on a rocky islet in the lake. With the help of a Local Expert, look out for Lord Byron's name which he carved into a pillar.
- Zermatt: Ride the shuttle trains of the Matterhorn Gotthard Railway up to the traffic-free Alpine resort.
- Scenic Swiss Rail Journey: Travel along the route of the world-famous Glacier Express, through looping tunnels and dizzying viaducts. This is a glorious adventure in the scenic heart of the Swiss Alps, only possible by rail.
You will visit the following 2 places:
Liechtenstein, officially the Principality of Liechtenstein, is a doubly landlocked German-speaking microstate in Central Europe. It is the last remnant of the Holy Roman Empire and an independent nation with very close ties to Switzerland. It enjoys a very high standard of living and is home to some incredibly beautiful mountain scenery. The principality's capital, Vaduz, is mainly a modern city and a major centre of commerce and international banking. Liechtenstein is also known for its medieval castles, alpine landscapes and villages linked by a network of trails.
Switzerland, officially the Swiss Confederation, is a federal republic in Europe. While still named the Swiss Confederation for historical reasons, modern Switzerland is a federal directorial republic consisting of 26 cantons, with Bern as the seat of the federal authorities, called '"federal city". Situated in Western-Central Europe, Switzerland is also a landlocked country geographically divided between the Alps, the Swiss Plateau and the Jura. Spanning the intersection of Germanic and Romance Europe, Switzerland comprises four main linguistic and cultural regions: German, French, Italian and Romansh. Although the majority of the population are German speaking, Swiss national identity is rooted in a common historical background, shared values such as federalism and direct democracy, and Alpine symbolism. One of the most developed countries in the world, Switzerland ranks at or near the top globally in several metrics of national performance, including government transparency, civil liberties, quality of life, economic competitiveness, and human development. Its cities contain medieval quarters, with landmarks like capital Bern’s Zytglogge clock tower and Lucerne’s wooden chapel bridge. The country is also known for its ski resorts and hiking trails.