Highlights of Poland (Summer 2019)
About Warsaw, Poland
- Zakopane: Meet Poland’s Goral Highlanders and share their culture at a dinner with local specialities and music.
- Poznan: Learn the secrets behind the St. Martin's croissant, a local delicacy of Poznan with a long-hold history, and enjoy a tasting.
- Warsaw: The Polish capital is currently enjoying a culinary renaissance - find out what the buzz is all about during your end-of-tour Celebration Dinner with wine at a favourite restaurant.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Poznań: Meet a resident of Poznan who will share insights into local life on a walk through the Old Town. Visit Ostrow Tumski and Cathedral Island, the birthplace of Polish Catholicism and a fascinating place often overlooked by visitors.
Stay in Style
- Zakopane: Nestled at the foot of Mount Nosal, enjoy comfort, luxury and a warm and friendly atmosphere at the four-star Grand Nosalowy Dwór.
Top Rated Highlights
- Kraków: During your orientation with your Travel Director, walk around the beautiful town square, Rynek Główny. See the famous Sukiennice Cloth Hall, St. Mary's Basilica and the many historic townhouses, palaces and churches.
- Kraków: The medieval heart of Kraków is rich in legend, a kind of Polish Camelot. Join your Local Expert for an in-depth exploration of this historic Holy Grail.Cross the former Jewish Quarter of Kazimierz to Podgórze and see the Ghetto Square.
- Kraków: Visit the cathedral atop Wawel Hill, see the castle and look for the iconic dragon, accompanied by your Local Expert.
- Auschwitz: Experience a powerful and moving visit, with a Local Expert. See the Auschwitz memorial and museum and stop at Birkenau, which bears witness to the terrible atrocities of the Holocaust.
- Wrocław: See the noble mansions and flower markets of the Plac Solny, absorb the Baroque splendour of Rynek and be introduced to Wrocław’s cheeky Gnomes as you explore with your Local Expert.
- Gniezno: See the winged doors when you visit the cathedral.
- Toruń: Led by your Local Expert, explore this outstanding UNESCO World Heritage Site, founded by the Teutonic Knights in 1233 and now a living museum.
- Gdansk: Enjoy an exploration with your Local Expert. See the historical sights of Weterplatte and the Gdańsk Shipyards along with the medieval city.
- Malbork: Visit the 13th century fortified monastery belonging to the Teutonic Order and the largest Gothic brick castle in the world.
- Warsaw: Your Local Expert guides you through this fascinating city to see the Palace of Culture and the Chopin Monument in Łazienki Park.
- Warsaw: Visit the Monument to the Ghetto Heroes and the Historical Museum and walk through the re-built Old Town, destroyed in World War II.
- Scenic Drives: Admire the scenery as you travel past the Tatras Mountain ranges, along Oder River, through Wielkopolska, along Vistula River and through Masuria Lake District.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.