Israel Discovery (Preview 2018)
About Jerusalem, Israel
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Tel Aviv: See Habimah National Theatre, Rabin Square and Carmel market.
- Jaffa: Visit the ancient port and artists' quarter.
- Acre: See the fortress, the old harbour area and Crusader crypt.
- Nazareth: Visit the Church of the Annunciation.
- Galilee: A brief talk on the history and contemporary life on a Kibbutz. Visit Capernaum and the Mount of the Beatitudes. View the ancient wooden boat, which is said to date back to the times of Jesus.
- Qumran: See the caves where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.
- Jerusalem: Walk the Garden of Gethsemene, Room of the Last Supper, Pool of Bethesda, Ecce Homo Arch. See the Temple Mount. Visit the Jewish sites of King David's Tomb and the Western Wall.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Tel Aviv: Partake in a Friday night Shabbat dinner.
- Jerusalem: Toast the culmination of your tour with a lively Celebration Dinner.
- Caesarea: Explore the Roman and Crusader ruins of Caesarea, formerly one of the splendid cities in Palestine.
- Sea of Galilee: Enjoy a morning boat ride at the very place where Jesus is said to have walked on water.
- Dead Sea: It's nearly impossible to sink so be sure to take a dip in the mineral-rich waters.
- Dead Sea: Ascend by cable car to the ancient fortress of Masada where Jewish Zealots held out for three years against Herod's armies, before committing mass suicide.
- Jerusalem: Visit the Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum and Shrine of the Book.
- Jerusalem: Walk the Stations of the Cross to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, site of the Crucifixion.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Tel Aviv: Sheraton Towers Hotel. Considered one of Tel Aviv’s more sophisticated hotels, located on the waterfront providing guests with luxury accommodation.
- Tiberias: The Leonardo Plaza Tiberias Hotel is centrally located close to the Old Town. Offering beautifully decorated rooms and a wide range of facilities.
- Dead Sea: The magnificent Hod Hamidbar hotel on the shore of the Dead Sea, offers you serenity, relaxation and the perfect pampering experience in their modern spa.
- Jerusalem: Leonardo Plaza Hotel Jerusalem. The Leonardo Plaza graces the Jerusalem skyline in the heart of the city and offers panoramic views. It has many top facilities and is a good base from which to explore the Old and New Cities.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.